Everytime I watch "16 and Pregnant" on MTV, I am dumbfounded. How are these little girls not absolutely FREAKED the F' OUT?! I will be 30 years old in about a week and I am still overwhelmed by the idea of being a mom in the next year or so. These girls all say the same stupid things "I just know he's going to be a good dad" or "this is going to make him see that he needs to stick around." And guess what....they, too, are stupid. They are 16 year old boys that don't have to stick around and these girls are just devastated when they stop coming around. Was I the only one who saw that coming?
Does no one talk to these kids? How are they so far removed from reality? One common theme amongst the kids on this show is their own family....or lack thereof. They seem to all come from broken homes. Now, don't get me wrong. I do not think that is an excuse for their lapse in judgement because I, too, come from a severely-dysfunctional-could-not-be-more-broken-home, and somehow I seemed to figure out early on that it just wouldn't be a good idea to bring a baby into the mix as a teen.
<sigh>
Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.
No comments:
Post a Comment